South Ore-Body (EOB)
On 23rd September 1990, a contract was signed between MCC, China and RDC Pakistan for development of SOB of Saindak copper-gold deposits and MCC submitted a basic design for the same As per basic design submitted by ENFI China, the salient features of SOB were as under:-
* Geological reserves: 96.038 million tonnes @ 0.413% Cu, 0.441 g/t Au.
* Ore reserves within pit outline: 78.522 million tonnes @ 0.434% Cu, 0.476 g/t Au.
* Ore production: 4.25 million tonnes per year, 12,500 tonnes per day,
* Total mining and stripping quantity: 17 million tonnes per year.
* Annual output of Cu concentrate (with 22% Cu): 71,180 tonnes,
* Output of magnetite concentrate (with 60% Fe): 62,333 tonnes.
* Output of pyrite concentrate (with 40% S): 79,688 tonnes.
* Annual output of Blister Copper (with 98.5% Cu): 15,500 tonne with 39,981 oz Au; and 35,622 oz Ag.
On 30th November 2001, an agreement was signed in Beijing, China between Saindak Metals Limited (SML) and the China Metallurgical Construction (Group) Corporation (MCC) for exploring, mining and processing of Copper ore and other minerals for a period of ten years (up to October 2012). The production started in June 2003 after repair and maintenance of mining and plant machinery. In 2011, the agreement was extended for five years i.e. till October 2017 and then further extended for five more
years up to October 2022 through Addendums No.2 & 3, respectively, to the Lease Contract.